Saturday, January 2, 2010

It has been an interesting year...

It has been an interesting year.

No new lovers. In fact no lovers at all. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Fuck all. Oh well, not that I have been in the most economically positive place to have a lover but all the same virtually no activity on the romance front. I think Internet dating sites are dead. Lava is filled with the same women constantly looking (like me), Collarme has so many fake profiles on it from Birmingham, Canada and other improbable cities in Canada that one has no idea which profiles are real and which are fake. Correction. The hot ones are fake.

Work is OK. I am in a Zen place now. I get paid (poorly) but people love me at work and I am taking on new responsibilities and there may be new opportunities in the new year to leverage off. How '90s does that sounds. Anyone want to shout out SYNERGY for me?

I have sold my house (sob) but will be able to pay off debts and be liquid for several years. A nice place to be. I am contemplating a vacation. Maybe even a long one. I was speaking to my parents about a Los Angeles to Vancouver BC run in a car and then my Father suggested driving to L.A. and then up the coast to Vancouver to visit my sister and then home. Yes. That may be something I will do. I want to see vineyards and smell grapes and get very drunk on wine. Only really drunk once during the trip as at my age I do not recover near as fast as I did when I was younger.

I really do miss the freedom of a road adventure. I have been a 9 to 5 droll drone for too long fitting into the corporate mould (I mean mould) wearing the white shirt and black tie and saying all the blah blah crap to satisfy SOP. Fuck this. I want to be on the road hearing the thrum of my tires as they eat up miles and see things. A canyon. A death. Something more than my lower-middle class safe existence I experience now.

Oh, and I quit smoking at 9:51 PM EST on the 31st of December so if I am a bit snippy. Understand or fuck off.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, sounds like you have a grip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I had the idea you were involved. Now I'm REALLY confused by the non-pursuit of Lolita. That sounds like a deserving New Year's resolution!

    JamieLin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried OKCupid? I've had the most success there. The other sites were frankly a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails