Monday, August 3, 2009

If you could go out for dinner with one of these stars which one would it be?

The poll about "If you could go out for dinner with one of these stars which one would it be?" is over and Marlene Dietrich "won. As always I wished polling would allow people to say WHY they would make the choice or choices they did.



Marlene Dietrich has always fascinated me. My first recollection of her was her playing Catherine II in "The Scarlet Empress" . She portrayed her sexuality with a wonderful blend of subtlety and allure and given the "popular" mores of her time she was able to express what most people wished they could express themselves. Her voice is magnetic and entrancing.



Myrna Loy came to me by way of "The Best Years of Our Lives" . I love her in the "Thin Man" series and she portrays strong comedic skills and timing.


Vivien Leigh is iconic in "Gone With the Wind" . She was amazing portraying a woman using her sexuality to manipulate but not to love. The scene at Ashley's birthday in the red dress Rhett selected is amazing.



Deborah Kerr is probably most like a chameleon as an actress. In my opinion she probably is remembered for her rather sanitary portrayal of her female characters but underneath her acting was something more. A lot of people remember her Victorian propriety she portrayed in "The King and I" She was wonderful in "From Here to Eternity" .

My choice. Ideally all of them but if I had to pick one it would be Marlene Dietrich.

1 comment:

  1. For me, I think it would have to be Myrna Loy. From what I've read about her and seen, she had the whole package - brains, beauty and a great sense of humor, which is the most erotic combination possible

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails